One of the first projects to be launched by the Blue Collar Foundation was the J. Nevis Bursary which will contribute towards the funding of an underprivileged high school student(s) seeking tertiary education, within the Humanities field at a Western Cape institution.
This will be a project that will continue to be a focus of the Blue Collar Foundation. Bursary applications for the academic year of 2018 are currently available.
The closing date for applications will be on Friday, 19 January 2018.
To download the application form, click the link below:
Please post your hardcopy applications to:
P.O. Box 519
OR, e-mail your application to:
These will be the general requirements for the J. Nevis Bursary:
– A high school student seeking a tertiary education in humanities
– The bursary will only apply to tertiary institutions in the Western Cape
– This high school student must currently be enrolled at an underprivileged school
– A minimum 60% aggregate is required
Please have the following readily available either in hard copy or pdf format when applying:
– A certified copy of both your latest Grade 11 results and your current matric results
– A certified copy of a valid South African identity document for the applicant and parent/guardian
– A copy of your parent/guardian salary slip for proof of income
– A motivational letter outlining why you should be chosen
If you do not have internet access at home or at school, find a library near you here.